Triphase Accelerator | Toronto, Ontario| Maternity Leave Contract
Triphase is a private proof of concept (POC) accelerator for development stage oncology assets designed to address early stage risk and development challenges in industry. We are a very well-funded company with a strong commitment to success.
Triphase is looking for a self-starter willing and capable of performing a wide variety of finance, HR, legal and administrative tasks. Experience and/or a keen willingness to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment are a must.
This position will be an 18-month contract position to cover a maternity leave effective from April 2019 to September 2020. The position will work closely with the CFO to support the business to ensure the financial results are properly prepared and analyzed and the operations are effectively supported. Specifically, you will be responsible for various finance/accounting, contracts and administration aspects of Triphase’s U.S. and Canadian operations. You will be responsible for generating quarterly reporting for our Corporate partner (Celgene), supporting the monthly close process, preparing monthly management reports and quarterly Board reports. Other responsibilities will include reviewing and managing vendor agreements, consultant contracts, payroll, payables and disbursements.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Prepare and constantly maintain budgets, forecasts and cash flow projections.
• Prepare quarterly financial reports and forecasts, including reports for Triphase’s corporate partner.
• Support monthly financial statement close process, working directly with Triphase’s contract accountant.
• Manage all aspects of the payroll function, including input and management of the employee benefit plans, to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner through a payroll provider.
• Partner with R&D operations to support review and execution of external vendor contracts – followed by tracking of spend vs. contract/budget.
• Ensure timely and accurate statutory reporting, including annual and quarterly audit and tax reporting and filings.
• Assist with ad hoc projects, as required.
• Accounting degree; CPA designation strongly preferred.
• Minimum 4-8 years of well-rounded finance experience, including monthly close process, account payable processing, tax compliance, and
• supporting operations (e.g. reviewing, analyzing and tracking business contracts).
• Experience/keen wiliness to work in a start-up environment.
• Quickbooks (or similar small business accounting software) experience
• Pharma/biotech experience preferred but not mandatory.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, potentially ambiguous work environment.
• Self-starter able to work with local and virtual teams.
• Team player who identifies issues, takes responsibility and implements solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to see the “big picture”